Thursday, March 30, 2017

Wishing Valerie Stafford-Mallis a Happy Retirement!!

As you all know by now, March 31 is our Director of Chapter Development Valerie Stafford-Mallis’s last day of work with HLAA, and April 1 is her first day of retired life with her husband Sam. Valerie has spent the last year in this position, supporting all of our chapters and state associations country-wide. I was lucky to have started working with HLAA when I did. To have the chance to share this position with Valerie in her final months with HLAA is something that has helped me greatly. Valerie and I truly became a team, devoted to doing everything that we could to assist our chapters. We are all sad to see Valerie go, but so excited for her in this next chapter (pun intended) of her life. Although we were only able to work together for a few months, in my time working with Valerie I have been so appreciative of everything she has contributed to me and this role. Her general knowledge and ability to meet the needs of our volunteers is unprecedented.It has become abundantly clear just how much of an asset Valerie is to HLAA and the impact she’s made on everyone that she has been in contact with since her appointment.   I don’t think that anybody could have prepared me better for this role. Valerie has encouraged me, advised me, assisted me, the list goes on.

Many of you know Valerie well and have seen how hard-working, devoted, and passionate she is about helping others with hearing loss. Her personality is infectious and she is one of the most caring and good-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know. She has taught me so much about this organization and its wonderful chapters. Every instance in which we were able to work together in person was a learning experience for me, and every lesson was valued!  I think I can speak for all of us when I say I am eternally grateful for all that she has done for HLAA, and forever thankful to have worked alongside her.  If you have not already, please take the time to send Valerie an email wishing her a happy retirement at vstafford-mallis@hearingloss.org. Thank you for everything, Valerie! This isn't a goodbye but a see you around. :-)

April 1 will mark my first day as HLAA’s National Chapter Coordinator. I am so excited for this role and what is to come. Valerie’s emails from then on out will go to my inbox, so please expect replies from me personally should you reach out to Valerie’s work email after the 1st.We thank you for your patience during this transition, and for everything that you all do for HLAA! 

Best,
Erin Mirante

emirante@hearingloss.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.