Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Liability Insurance

Fall is shaping up to be a very busy and productive time of year for our chapters and state organizations. Many of you are reaching out with questions about obtaining event liability coverage for your meetings and other activities.

You need look no farther than the Leader Support page of the HLAA website!

Liability insurance
Most HLAA organizations hold regular meetings or special events at places such as libraries, community centers, senior living facilities and churches. The business manager at the facility may request a certificate of liability from the organization. The certificate is proof that the organization has liability insurance, called a "certificate." You may obtain this certificate through HLAA headquarters by completing the Liability Insurance Application form
[Word] [PDF] and sending it with payment of $25 to HLAA.

You can fax the form with credit card information to 301.913.9413, email the completed form with credit card payment as a PDF document, or mail the form and payment to HLAA, 7910 Woodmont Ave., Suite 1200, Bethesda, MD 20814.) Please see form for details.

State organization or Chapter meeting and/or special event venues are added as riders to the HLAA headquarters’ liability policy. The policy provides some limited coverage for personal injury, medical expenses and damage to the property at the chapter meetings or event specified in the agreement. The associated fee our headquarters incurs ($25) is passed along to the requesting state organization or chapter. The person requesting the certificate receives an email containing the certificate. It is that person’s responsibility to provide it to the requesting facility manager or contact person.

Please let me know if you have any difficulty downloading the form from the HLAA website.

Thank you for sharing your time and talents with HLAA. You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.