Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Chapter Development Update 9 March 2016

Since January, many of you have reached out to share what is working well and what is not. Thank you. Responding to your emails and requests for assistance is my top priority. 
The majority of my time has been spent on chapter administrative duties. It is not the most exciting stuff in the world, but administrative duties form the foundation for the successful delivery of all HLAA programs and services. I do thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please let me assure you it is not my dream to remain mired in administrative tasks forever. Not by a long shot! There is so much more to be done to provide chapter leaders and chapter members with direction, program options, and support to deliver the HLAA mission to their members and community.
See You in June at HLAA Convention 2016
Plans are being finalized for another exciting Chapter/State Development track at HLAA Convention 2016.  Please be sure to check the Chapter/State Development track on the HLAA Convention schedule early and often so you do not miss a single exciting event: hearingloss.org>Convention>Schedule.
The Unified Membership Program Will Open To All Chapters After Convention
After Convention, the Unified Membership Program will be offered to all chapters in good standing with HLAA. The Unified Membership Program has been piloted over that past couple of years among a subset of HLAA Chapters. It is a powerful tool chapters can use to grow and expand and deliver the HLAA mission in ever-more exciting ways. I will be happy to help your chapter complete the enrollment forms.
Leader Resources
The HLAA website contains a wealth of support materials under the Support tab on how to manage more effective chapter meetings, how to revitalize chapters, and how to support member communication access needs. Hearingloss.org> Support. There is so much information on the website. Let me walk you through it, one-on-one.  That is what I am here for.  Do you have a specific question or topic about which you would like more information?  Please email me and I will be happy to help you find it.
Send Us Your News and Photos
Enough about me! I want to hear about YOU! Please send me 400-word stories about exciting things your chapter is doing. Please attach high-resolution JPG photos (300 dots-per-inch resolution is best) showing your chapter in action. I will feature them in future stories appearing in Hearing Loss Magazine.
To Get in Touch
You may reach me by emailing chapters@hearingloss.org or by leaving a request for a call-back at 301-657-2248,  Extension 301. Your reachout is acknowledged, at the very least, by the following business day. Thank you for allowing me the honor of supporting your chapters.  Thank you for sharing your time and talents with HLAA. Together we will achieve great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.